Deepen your connection and surrender to the sensual bliss of a massage for two in a beach cabana in Los Cabos, enjoy a chef-prepared picnic with champagne and a front-row view of the South Pacific, or set sail into the sunset off the Anguillan coast.
These are some of the exquisite destinations we have planned for our couples travelling this month. How are you celebrating Valentine's? As for us, a Wine Country getaway to detox, 'retox' and repeat is the perfect weekend escape.
We wanted to end with sharing our recipe of the month by the amazing chef's at Grand Velas, we hope you enjoy!
Recipe of the Month
'Rosemary Rack of Lamb with Cognac Cherry Jam'
- 1 Lamb rack
- 1 Rosemary sprig
- 1½ Garlic clove
- ½ C. Corn oil
- 1½ C. Pitted black cherries
- 1 C. Red wine
- ½ C. White onion
- ¾ C. Cognac
- ½ C. Au Jus
- 7 T. Butter
- Heat the oil and garlic over low heat for 2 hours. Let it cool.
- Rub the lamb with the oil and rosemary and let it marinate for 24 hrs. in the refrigerator.
- Bring lamb to room temperature and preheat the oven to 450°F. Let the lamb roast in the oven at 450°F for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 300°F and let it cook for an additional 10-20 minutes.
- While lamb is roasting, in a separate pan add butter and onion and sauté over medium high heat until translucent. Add the cherries and continue to sauté until soft. Add the red wine and wait for it to reduce by half. Add the cognac and flambé until the alcohol has burned off. Add the au jus and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the cherry sauce over the plated lamb.